We may collect the following information about you.
- your name, contact details;
- identification information;
- history records of your communication and interaction with us;
- details or history of preference, interests and behaviour relation to transactions, products, services and activities on our website.
As well as other similar Personal Information that is needed to register or subscribe you to our services or offers. If we ever ask for significantly different information, we will inform you. If you do not provide certain requested Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the website, provide you with access to our other products and services, or to fulfil one or more of our functions and activities applicable to you.
1.2. Non-identifiable information.
Non-identifiable information is data that have never been labelled with individual identifiers or from which identifiers have been permanently removed, and by means of which no specific individual can be identified. When you visit the Site, our Company servers may automatically record non-identifiable information that your browser sends. This data may include: your computer's IP address, browser type, webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, the pages within www.avvini.com.au you visit, the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our website, access times, dates and other statistics. Non-identifiable information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information.
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
(a) Directly from you, including but not limited when you:
- browse our website;
- save an item;
- register on our website;
- log into the website once registered;
- make a purchase from us;
- contact our Customer Care, either about an order or for any other reason;
- click on Avvini banners, hyperlinks or plugins;
- interact with us on our social media; or have a conversation with our team members.
(b) From third parties such as our related entities, business or commercial partners, and;
(c) From publicly available sources of information.
We may also collect information from you online. See more information in clause 6.
We may store your Personal Information in hard copy or electronic format, in facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our services providers. We take the privacy and security of your Personal Information seriously and we use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to Personal Information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- Securely destroying your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
To further secure your credit card, we also don’t keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Once any information is in our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, and modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us. Therefore, we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet.
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to gain an understanding your information to improve or develop our products and services;
- to provide you with better customer services;
- to perform research and analysis;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Avvini service providers provide products and services to you; and;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities. We may also use your information so that we, our related entities, other business or commercial partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). We collect aggregated information about you which informs us about our users. The browser information we collect is used in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our website. This information is used by us to administer and improve our education and training products and services.
We engage a range of third parties to provide services and perform business support functions for us. Some of those third parties need access to Personal Information in order to provide the services or perform the functions we require. Therefore, we may disclose your information to these third parties to:
- assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfillment managers;
- conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis; and;
- manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions.
Where we share your Personal Information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely, for example, storing in non-human readable form to ensure the security of your information. We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders or payment is managed via a third party located overseas).
We use “cookies” when you visit our website. It is a technology that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website. There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Add to Wishlist”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Avvini, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. By using our website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the website in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, you user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website. Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party service provider who may combine you information with information from other; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements. To opt-out of third party cookies, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable. You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on the website. If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at: email@example.com.